3/8/11

Mama Hazel

My great-grandmother, Mama Hazel, passed away this past Sunday at the age of 95. She had not been herself for awhile and although it is sad to not have her here with us anymore, I am so thankful that she is now at peace and at home, rejoicing with the angels living in the presence of God.
My Mama Hazel was full of tenacity and passion, she had to be raising 5 girls! She loved her girls, her grandkids and her great grandkids. How awesome that she lived long enough to meet her great-great-grandkids too!! 
I have such found memories of visiting my Mama Hazel. She would always make me fried okra because she knew it was my favorite! I also have a found, funny memory of spending the night with her, sleeping in bed with her and laughing with her about taking out her teeth!! 
Her loving influence shaped my Nana, who helped shape my mom, who helped shape me into the women and mom I am today and will be a part of the shaping of Sophi.
 
I am grateful for the legacy she left during her life and honored to be known as one of her great-grandchildren. 
I love you Mama Hazel and look forward to the day I see you again!

No comments: