12/11/11

Count Down to Christmas: Days 6-11

Day 6: Unwrap a Christmas Book
   This was one of my favorite Christmas books as a child. Josh pointed out that it is probably due to my strong sense of smell. I LOVE the smells of Christmas!
Day 7: Buy Gifts for family members and wrap them up
    It was so cute watching Sophi decide what to get baby Madeline and Daddy this year. I think they will both love their gifts!
Day 8: Make a Christmas Craft
    It just so happened that we had planned to go to one of our play groups  really liked making her house...but really loved eating it most of all!
Day 9: Make Hot Chocolate and stir with Candy Canes
    Sophi was so excited to have hot chocolate! The candy cane made for a fun added treat!
Day 10: Watch a Christmas Movie and eat Popcorn
     This year we got How the Grinch Stole Christmas to add to our Christmas movie collection! We love all things Dr. Suess and it was a perfect length for Sophi's age! Festive Popcorn was the cherry on top of this fun family evening!


Day 11: Go to Bethlehem and visit Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus
     Here in Nashville, the Woodmont Christian Church puts on a fantastic and free "Walk through Bethlehem" for the community. Sophi was so excited to see the shepherds and their sheep, Mary and Joseph, baby Jesus and all the animals at the stable. It was amazing and will most certainly continue to be a Strahan family Christmas tradition!
We move into our new house Wednesday so my blogging my be sparse but I promise to fill you in our Count Down as soon as I can! I will leave you with a few of the places Mary and Joseph have been found on their journey to Bethlehem this week!

No comments: