This past month has been pretty busy with Daddy studying for comps and Sophi and I traveling to Atlanta for 10 days! Sophi and I were in Atlanta when Sophi turned 11 months so we weren't able to snap her picture until we got home this past week. I can't believe how big our "little" girl is!
Sophi continues to add new words to her vocabulary on a daily basis. Some of the ones she is using most right now are ball, up, book, bite, duck, bow, shoe and baby. Since learning to walk one of her favorite things to do is put on shoes. She LOVES her shoes and fortunately Lolly helped us stock up on some really cute ones!
Sophi has developed several new tricks over the past month. She has perfected a "fake" laugh which she loves to use, making her sound almost identical to a billy goat! Historical!
Another new "trick," unfortunately for mom, is throwing a fit when not getting her way. We are talking body limp and real tears. Yikes! We are working on learning how to be patient and using our words to express our feelings. Oh the joys of toddler-hood!
Sophi still loves the water. She had such a great time this past week hanging out with Lolly and her cousins Evie and Hope at the pool.
A big change for me this past month was completely weaning Sophi. She pretty much decided on her own that she was done nursing and was ready to move on. Sophi and I had some sweet moments while nursing but I was ready to move on as well and have enjoyed the freedom weaning has brought us! One of those being able to eat peanut butter! Sophi had a slight reaction to peanut butter when nursing and I was told I couldn't eat it until she was weaned. I LOVE peanut butter, so 10 months without it was pretty tough. To celebrate Josh made me peanut butter 5 ways! It was delicious!!
Sophi's first birthday is literally right around the corner. We are excited to celebrate with our California family as well as our Southern family. We will be having a California party in a few days and then will share her actual birthday with friends and family in Atlanta! What an awesome year it has been! Praise God for the precious life he has given us in our sweet Sophi!
3 comments:
She is just the sweetest thing and I love how I see your smile Lauren in hers :) Miss you guys and God is o so good!
I can't get over how big she is!! What a beautiful little girl.
Oh my goodness, she has grown so much in just the past few weeks! Can't wait to hear about your trip and see ya'll again. Caroline misses her buddy :(
Post a Comment