Beach Days
I
n my previous post I mentioned our crazy trip to get to Atlanta to spend some time with Lolly and Pops at their beach condo in Panama City Beach, Fl. Unfortunately, due to weather, we could not fly in Pops plane from Atlanta PCB and had to drive instead. Sophi was an excellent car traveler and slept over half of the 5 or so hour car ride down!
Sophi had her first taste (literally) of the beach, Lolly's favorite place to be (and mommy's too!) and LOVED it. She loved playing with the sand in her hands and could not get enough of the water. Unfortunately, it was too cold to really play in the water at the beach, or the pool for that matter, but what little water time Sophi got she LOVED! We will be signing up for swimming classes very soon to get more water time!

We ate a lot of good food, watched some good movies, and relaxed which was much needed for Josh and I. Sophi got a lot of attention from Lolly and Pops which she truly enjoyed. She also got to spend some time with her Great Aunt Gigi which was super fun!
Friday night, after making the drive back from the beach to Atlanta earlier that day, Sophi got sick. She woke up every hour Friday night. Her nose would not stop running, she couldn't breath and kept coughing constantly. We took her temp when she woke up early Saturday morning and sure enough she had a fever too! We were flying back to Pasadena that evening and had no choice but to take our poor little sick baby on the cross country plane ride back home.
We changed planes in Dallas, TX again and 10 minutes after boarding the plane we were told they were having mechanical difficulties. Twenty minutes later we were told we would have do de-board the plane so they could turn the power off and back on. After de-boarding the plane and waiting in the terminal another 20 minutes we were told we could re-board the plane. The only person with a smile on their face through this whole ordeal was our little sick Sophi! Once we arrived in our seats for the second time and finally took off, heading for home, Sophi feel asleep on her mommy and slept the whole way! What a trooper!!!
Saturday night was another rough night with little sleep (not to mention the three hour time change we were all adjusting too!) and our little girl only seemed to get worse as the day went on Sunday. I called the doctor Monday morning and was told I needed to bring her in. We found out that not only did Sophi have the cold virus that was causing a lot of her symptoms, she also had an ear infection in not one, but BOTH of her ears! Poor baby!! Not much you can do for a cold but fortunately they could give her antibiotics for her ears!
I am happy to report that today she is starting to feel a little better and becoming her old self again. It has been a rough couple of days but I have so enjoyed having a cuddly baby again. Cherish the moments even when the are tough!!
And even though it ended on a bad note, we so enjoyed our time with Lolly and Pops! Thank you for letting us spend our spring break with you at the beach!! Looking forward to spending more time with you soon!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, Sophi is adorable! I love those sweet pictures of her in the sand. I hope she feels better soon because I want our girls to have another play date!!!
Post a Comment