8/25/09

Full Term and due date pool

I am 37 weeks today which means I am full term!! We made it!!

We had a doctors visit today and found out a few interesting things about our little girl. First they determined that my cervix is thinning but I am not dilating yet. Sophi is turned head down (at least she was when we were there) which is helping the thinning but making me walk with quite the waddle!
Sophi, we learned, currently weighs in at 6 1/2 pounds. So all of those out there who think I look a bit on the large side, well, it is because my baby is a very healthy, very BIG, baby!! The doctor predicts that if she comes in the next two to three weeks she will weigh 7 1/2 pounds. If she decides to wait another three to four weeks to make her grand debut she will probably weigh 8 pounds!! So.....please pray she comes early or on time for my sake!! But we are very happy to hear we have a very healthy baby.
My last day of work is next Friday which is also the day that my doctor returns from a week long vacation so our goal is to at least make it to that day, September 4th. This also happens to be a full moon which my dad is now predicting will be the day Sophi arrives!

Speaking of predicting Sophi's arrival, I really enjoyed my sister-in-laws due date pool she had when her little one was a few weeks away. So I decided it is time to give everyone an opportunity to start guessing when our little Sophi will make her entrance into the world. A prize will be given to the one who gets closest so start guessing!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna guess Sept. 9th, 2009. And I'm guessing it cause it would be cool if she was born on 9/9/09! Hopefully she won't weigh 9 lbs and 9 oz ;)

Tracy Ryan said...

Forgot my name :) I'm still guessing Sept. 9th, 2009 :)

Alli said...

I think I'll go with September 6th. You're still looking great, Lauren! Hang in there!

Hazelips said...

Rick and Suaznne say it will be September 10th.

Lolly said...

Lolly says she will come on September 9th - right on her Mommy's birthday! Hopefully after Lolly and Pops land in LA.

Three Scobeys said...

I think September 17th... just from personal experience :) Hopefully she won't be two weeks late!!

Preben and Ellen said...

cute pictures lauren!! i saw sept 5th :)

can't wait to see your sweet little baby girl!

Mark Baker-Wright said...

Using the highly scientific method of "because it's my sister's birthday," I choose September 16th.

Kyle said...

Well, the last person I really knew that had a baby was my sister, and she had hers on December 3rd. Given this trend, my best guess is probably that same date.

LaurenK said...

I'll guess September 8th, though it would be amazing if you and Sophi had the same birthday!

~Lauren "Snell" Kamal

Brittney said...

I'm going for the 16th because that's Poppa K's bday!

Kathryn Baird said...

How about September 7th? Now one has guessed that one yet :) Can't wait to see her on the outside though you do have a beautiful belly!

Kathryn

Paula said...

It's not a very popular date but I'll go with Sept. 11--I have a friend here in Atlanta who has a baby due on that date!

Prayers and good wishes to all three of you!

Paula

Anonymous said...

I am predicting Saturday, September 5. Can't wait to see Miss Sophie!!!! Love you bunches.

Aunt Karen

Ericka Bettge said...

I am guessing September 12th.

Kara said...

hmm...zach's birthday is on Sept. 13th, and i think that's a pretty good date! so that will be my guess.