Saturday, the guys (aka Josh, his dad and his brother) played a round of golf, something they hadn't done together in a very long time. Though they were a little rusty in their game (from what I heard they laughed at Josh and his shots alot!), they really enjoyed being with each other which was so good to see.
Sunday was spent with church, more golf, shopping and watching the Saddleback debate with McCain and Obama. Wow!! I am not super into politics but that was great! I really appreciated the questions that were asked and was really able to see more of who the candidates truly are.
Through out the whole weekend we were able to meet and get to know the two of the newest members of the Strahan family. One was our nephew Ian (sadly I do not have any pics of him...hopefully at Thanksgiving!). He is so cute and so tiny! We look forward to watching him grow.
We were really sad on Monday when we had to leave. We had such a good time with both sets of parents. We miss them both so much. Jerry and Rebecca, we already miss being with you both and are anticipating our return at Thanksgiving! Both Josh and I had forgotten how much we loved Nashville. Our hope and prayer is that one day we will be able to return to the place where we fell in love and where our lives together began. Only time will tell....
We came home to our precious little dog who was so loved and cared for while we were gone! Thank you soooo much Katie and Matt! You guys are awesome!
Now we are back and settling into a routine here in Pasadena and make this place....well feel like home!
No comments:
Post a Comment