Today was my second day of my new job. Lets just say I am currently living on information overload! There is just soooo much to learn and know! Pray that God gives my wisdom and the ability to learn quickly during the next few weeks! All that to say I am enjoying the job and those I work with and for.
Josh and I have made a vow to try to spend our weekends being productive and relaxing at the same time!

So this past weekend we went to the
Griffith Observatory (not the Getty Museum. Sorry!). It was really great! We spent a couple of hours there but are looking forward to going back and enjoying the vast park that surrounds the museum and taking Shiloh too! And of course, going back one night to the planetarium to see Saturn and it's rings!
Sunday we went to church with Katie, one of our friends who lives out here! We are so glad her and her husband Matt are here! Matt was working this weekend so Katie come out to Pasadena to go to church with us and then we went to the Pasadena City College Flea Market! The college is just down the street from us. The flea market was a very interesting experience to say the least! Lots of people and LOTS of stuff!
Josh will take his French test this Thursday and then start studying Latin. He still has about a month and a half before his fall quarter starts and is working hard on getting all his language credits out of the way!

We are really enjoying life in Southern California! The weather is great and there is so much to do! But we also miss our family and friends back east! Come visit us soon!
More pics of the house to come soon!
3 comments:
i am sure you will pick up on all the work stuff really quickly!
compared to abilene, i bet you are loving all the 'things' to do....we are missing you already!
Did you guys go to the Getty or the Griffith Park Observatory? Your picture is Griffith Park. The Getty is off the 405 in Brentwood. I definitely recommend both, so you can't go wrong with either! Glad you guys are getting settled.
~Emily Van Voorhis
Hey Lauren! I'm going to send you a Facebook message, but I just wanted to say hi and that I love your blog! :)
Post a Comment