7/17/08

Trying again...

Ok. So we are trying the blogging thing for the second time. Hopefully this time it will stick. If not I think we will simply have to call it quits!

Today finds us one week away from moving to Pasadena, CA. Emotions are high, full of nerves and excitement, sadness and anticipation. Through
out this blog we think you will find it evident that God continues to have plans for us that are NOT our own. To do a quick catch up, after being married for a year and working together as campus ministry interns in Murfreesboro, TN we decided to begin looking for jobs in Nashville, TN where we knew we wanted to settle down. I got a job but after searching and searching, Josh ended up with nothing in the way of a job. God, needless to say, had different plans. Within a time span of a two months Josh applied to ACU's Masters of Divinity program, got accepted with a wonderful scholarship, and we moved to Abilene, TX. I had been saying for along time that I would never move to Abilene, TX and yet in December 2006 here I was.
These pics are of our "apartment" in Abilene also known as Sherrod Apartments, married student housing at ACU. We moved to Abilene without ever coming out and seeing the place and I will admit there were a few tears shed (by me) when we walked into this place.

Josh and I both thought God was a little crazy for moving us here, and for the first month all we could think about was the day we would be able to leave. But He knew what he was doing. We quickly fell in love with the people of Abilene (as well as the barbecue!). We found a wonderful church home, Highland Church of Christ, where I eventually went to work as the administrative assistant for the wonderful youth office. We joined a small group who took us in with open arms and who have truely become our second family. This is where we were introduced to the Martin Family who have made our experience here in Abilene one that will stay with us through out our entire lives. When we look at their family and our time with them it is then that we really understand why God called us to this place and we are so grateful that He did.
These are the Martin kids in order of age:
Allen (top left), Jackson (top right) Hope (bottom right), Grayson (middle), Ashton (bottom left) and not pictured is their newest addition to the family, their little girl, due Thanksgiving 2008!
We are so grateful for all Tim and Angie Martin have taught us about how to be Godly parents raising Godly children and how to live out our faith in every decision and move that we make! We will miss you so much!!

This has been a pretty long post and I really need to be packing so I will leave you with some of our favorite moments over the past year and half we have spent in Abilene. In my next post I will explain our move to California and our continued amazement at God's will for our lives!

Precious Time with Hope!

Trip to San Antonio to see Mom and Dad!

Bringing Shiloh into our family and experiencing lots of snow in West Texas!

Visit to see Graham and Ashley in Los Angeles!


1 comment:

Preben and Ellen said...

yay!! excited that you're blogging again!! :) you guys are too cute!