7/23/08

Goodbye Abilene

Well, it is our last night in Abilene. It is crazy how fond we are of this place. What neat experiences God has allowed us to have these last few days here.

Yesterday we were able to eat lunch with a wonderful couple from our small group. What an encouragement they were to us, having walked a little farther in life's journey than us, their excitement for our future simply contagious. We look forward to the moments when we will share in sweet fellowship with them again.

Last night we were able to take the younger three of the Martin kids out to the movie to see Wall-E. What a precious time we had. Josh and I , sitting on either end of them, relished in their laughter and joy. Saying our final goodbyes to their family was very difficult for us both and we can't help but look ahead and anticipate their possible visit to see us soon!

Today was my last full day of work. I am going to miss Highland so much. What a wonderful place it has been for me to regroup and regain my focus after a difficult first few months in Abilene's business world. Michael has been so fun to work for and I feel so blessed to have been able to witness the birth of his precious twins. And I will miss dearly the deep friendship I have grown to have with Sarah! I can't wait to hear about all the awesome things God is going to do in her life over the next few years! I am only sad I won't be able to witness them first hand.

Tomorrow I will spend a few more hours in the Youth office before hitting the road to California. Josh and I are both excited and nervous. But we know, without a shadow of a doubt, that we will be driving into God's will for our lives and so we have no fear. We know there will be moments in our time there that will be difficult and hard to bear, but we place our hope in God's perfect love and anticipate the awesome ways in which He will use our new home to grow us in our outpouring love for Him.


It may be awhile before I write again but stay tuned for pictures and stories of our exciting journey to our Pasadena home.

No comments: